We are registered for a maximum of 14 children between the ages of 2 and 5 years. I am a qualified nursery and infant school teacher with over 42 years experience.
I employ a Deputy with NVQ level 3 in Childcare and two other members of staff who hold relevant training qualifications and experience including a keystage 1 teacher.
We work with a ratio of 1 adult to a maximum of 3.5 children (double the recommended number of staff). The high staff to children ratio enables us to work closely with each child and follow his or her development. The staff are mature and enthusiastic, always providing a welcome for both children and parents. We enthusiastically strive to be supportive and approachable, creating a good partnership with parents.
Answers to Some Questions You May Have
- Opening Times: Monday to Friday, 9.15am – 1.00pm. We are open 38 weeks of the year following the sam term pattern as local schools.
- Fees: 9.15am – 12.15pm @ £4.50 per hour
12.15pm – 1.00pm @ £3.38 per session (Lunch Club)
- The ‘Free Entitlement’ funding can be used from 9.15am to 1.00pm each day, up to 15 hours per week.
- We are registered for 2 to 5 year olds.
- Healthy snacks are provided daily, including fresh/dried fruit and vegetables.
- Lunch Club: parents provide packed lunches
- Child to adult ratio is 1:3.5, with a maximum of 14 children in the group.
- Staff: Principal Teacher/Owner, Key Stage 1 teacher, Deputy teacher (SENCO, level3) /Senco and two staff with level 2 childcare qualifications. We also occasionally employ experienced staff to support children with special needs.
- Catkins has a Book and Toy Library from which children can choose one of over a hundred story bags to borrow.
- Parents are given a ‘parent pack’ when their child starts at Catkins which includes registration forms and general information. We also have 10 photo books which depict a day in Catkins and are available on loan.
Over the years we have seen many changes in pre-school education, but ultimately we are here to keep your child safe – and have fun!